Audiology Students at the ASHA Convention
Are you a doctor of audiology (AuD) student who would like to attend the ASHA Convention? Then this program is for you! This program, Audiology Students at the ASHA Convention, was developed to engage clinical AuD students like you with ASHA through the Annual ASHA Convention. The program provides the following benefits:
- Free registration to attend the ASHA Convention in November
- Free 1-year membership in
- Networking events with AuD student peers from across the country
- Opportunity to form mentoring relationships with audiology early career professionals
- A chance to meet and interact with audiology leaders
Eligibility and Requirements
- Audiology students enrolled full-time in an AuD program
- Agreement to attend the ASHA Convention and all required events at Convention
- Attendance is required at the following events:
- Kick-Off Breakfast—Thursday morning, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Hyatt Rock Spring
- AuD Students and Early Career Professionals Networking Event—Thursday evening, 7:30 p.m., ICEBAR Orlando
- "Hear, Here!" Audiology Open House—Friday evening, 8:30–11:00 p.m. (you do not need to attend the entire time), Hyatt Plaza J
The Convention offers more than 2,000 best-in-class education sessions on clinical topics, as well as ample opportunity to explore career options and network with fellow students and clinical practitioners. At the ASHA Convention, you can visit our popular
Career Fair to meet leading employers, explore available jobs, and even fine-tune your résumé. You can also take part in some great networking events as your schedule permits. Visit our
Audiology at the ASHA Convention page for more detailed Convention highlights for audiologists.
How to Apply
The application period is May 1 – June 25. Accepted applicants will receive their NSSLHA membership welcome letter by mid-September. Participants can then register for the ASHA Convention using the code provided with confirmation of acceptance into the program, and their registration fee will be waived.
Registration for this program is open in mid-September.
Availability is limited! If there are more applicants than available spots, selection will occur on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact
email@example.com, attention Regina Zappi and Maureen Salamat.
Read more about
NSSLHA membership benefits. Find more resources and information for students.
Recommended Events and Activities
AuD Praxis Prep hosted by NSSLHA
Friday, November 22, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Poster Hall (Hall D2), CC
ASHA Audiology Lounge
- November 21-23
- Audiology exhibit area in CC Exhibit Hall, across from booth 470
- Exclusively for audiologists and AuD students
- Stop and recharge with coffee and a snack
First Timers' Welcome
- Wednesday, November 20, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Convention Center
Audiology and Hearing-Related SIGnificant Luncheon
- Friday, November 22, 12:30-2:00 p.m.
- Learn about ASHA Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Seating is limited so plan to arrive early
Career Portal Lounge
- Check for hours of operation during Convention
- Get tips to help you design a career path, network, and gain confidence
- Stop by booth CF2272 to sign up for a 20-minute resume review
- Attend workshops on resume writing, LinkedIn, and building your network
- Did you know that employers hold interviews for audiologists at Convention?
- 4th-year students who want more info, contact
Concierge Learning Center
- Visit with ASHA audiology, professional development, government affairs, and multicultural affairs staff
- Find out what ASHA is doing for audiologists
- Fill out a suggestion card for ASHA Audiology and be entered to win a prize
- Audiology Student Program, Hashtag #audsp19
- General Audiology, Hashtag #audpeeps
- General AuD Student, Hashtag #aud2b
- Follow @ASHA_Events on Twitter and @ashaweb on Instagram, and use #asha19 to connect with fellow attendees in Orlando.