2017 Non-CSD Travel Stipend for IPE/IPP Presentations at the ASHA Convention
As part of ASHA’s Strategic Objective to promote interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice, ASHA is piloting a program this year to encourage participation of non-CSD (communication sciences and disorders) presenters in ASHA Convention sessions. ASHA has a limited fund to award travel stipends to selected non-CSD co-presenters in 2017.
NOTE: Travel stipend awardees have been selected and were notified on August 2. If you did not receive a letter, regrettably, you were not selected.
- Submitted a proposal for an oral session to the 2017 Call for Papers
- Answered "yes" to the question on the Call for Papers: "Are you presenting an interprofessional team that includes non-CSD presenters?"
- Includes an audiologist or speech-language pathologist as a presenting author who will register for the convention
Excluded from Eligibility
- Submissions for invited sessions, flash sessions, or poster sessions
- Students in any discipline
- CSD professionals and international affiliates
- Researchers with CSD credentials
- Proposals undergo independent review and rating by the Convention Program Committee as part of the Call for Papers review process
- Accepted sessions that also meet the eligibility criteria are referred to ASHA's IPE/IPP Strategic Objective Team. Highest consideration will be given to:
- highest rated sessions in any topic area
- sessions that include information about IPE/IPP competencies, research, tools or curricular models that facilitate successful team collaborations
- The IPE/IPP Strategic Objective Team will select awardees in an overall effort to feature a variety of non-CSD disciplines, settings, and topic areas
Travel Stipend Awards
- Total stipend pool is $25,000
- Individual stipends are $1,000 per non-CSD presenter; $500 for local non-CSD presenters
- No more than two non-CSD presenters per session may receive the stipend (registration is waived)
- Stipend recipients will be notified by August 31, 2017
- Recipients must update the financial disclosure form submitted during the Call for Papers
- Recipients will receive a stipend check at the ASHA Convention
For questions or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.