2018 Non-CSD Travel Stipend for IPE/IPP Presentations at the ASHA Convention
As part of ASHA’s Strategic Objective to promote interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice, ASHA is piloting a program this year to encourage participation of non-CSD (communication sciences and disorders) presenters in ASHA Convention sessions. ASHA has a limited fund to award travel stipends to selected non-CSD co-presenters in 2018. This program was piloted successfully in 2017.
- Answered "yes" to the question on the Call for Papers: "Are you presenting as an interprofessional team that includes non-CSD presenters?"
- Have an an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, or researcher as a presenting author who will register for the Convention
Excluded from Eligibility
- Invited sessions, flash sessions, or poster sessions
- CSD professionals and international affiliates
- Researchers with CSD credentials
Travel Stipend Awards
- Total stipend pool is $25,000
- Individual stipends are $1,000 per non-CSD presenter; $500 for local non-CSD presenters
- No more than two non-CSD presenters per session may receive the stipend (registration is waived)
- Stipend recipients will be notified by July 31, 2018
- Recipients will receive a stipend check in the mail following the ASHA Convention
- Proposals undergo independent review and rating by the ASHA Convention Topic Committees as part of the Call for Papers review process
- Accepted sessions that also meet the eligibility criteria are referred to ASHA's IPE/IPP Strategic Objective Team for consideration based on:
- highest rated session in any topic area
- sessions includes information about IPE/IPP competencies, research, tools or curricular models that facilitate successful team collaborations
- content and focus not duplicated by invited sessions
- achieving diversity of awardees based on professional settings, disciplines, and disorder areas
- Stipend awardees must resubmit financial disclosures to reflect travel award
For questions or further information, contact email@example.com.