Pediatric Dysphagia Content Development
Content for ASHA's Practice Portal is developed through a comprehensive process that includes multiple rounds of subject matter expert input and review. ASHA extends its gratitude to the following subject matter experts who were involved in the development of the Pediatric Dysphagia page:
- Joan C. Arvedson, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Donna K. Edwards, MA, CCC-SLP
- Amy S. Faherty, MS, CCC-SLP
- Memorie M. Gosa, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Maureen A. Lefton-Greif, MA, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Emily M. Homer, MA, CCC-SLP
- Randy M. Kurjan, MS, CCC-SLP
- Kara M. Larson, MS, CCC-SLP
- Sara S. Plager, MEd, CCC-SLP
- Erin E. Redle, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Eugenia M. Rogers, MA, CCC-SLP
- Erin Ross, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Jeanne L. Saavedra, MHS, CCC-SLP
- Panayiota A. Senekkis-Florent, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Catherine S. Shaker, MS, CCC-SLP
- Justine Joan Sheppard. PhD, CCC-SLP
- Beth I. Solomon, MS, CCC-SLP
- Nancy B. Swigert, MA, CCC-SLP
In addition, ASHA thanks the members of the Ad Hoc Committee on Speech-Language Pathology Practice in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU); Special Interest Division 13, Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) Committee on Cross-Training; and the Working Group on Dysphagia in Schools, whose work was foundational to the development of this content.
Members of the Ad Hoc Committee on Speech-Language Pathology Practice in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit included Justine J. Sheppard (chair), Joan C. Arvedson, Alexandra Heinsen-Combs, Lemmietta G. McNeilly, Susan M. Moore, Meri S. Rosenzweig Ziev, and Diane R. Paul (ex officio). Alex F. Johnson and Celia Hooper served as monitoring officers (vice presidents for speech-language pathology practices, 2000-2002 and 2003-2005, respectively).
Members of the Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) Committee on Cross-Training included Caryn Easterling, Maureen Lefton-Greif, Paula Sullivan, Nancy Swigert, and Janet Brown (ASHA staff liaison). Celia Hooper, vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology (2003-2005), served as monitoring vice president.
Members of the Working Group on Dysphagia in Schools included Emily M. Homer (chair), Sheryl C. Amaral, Joan C. Arvedson, Randy M. Kurjan, Cynthia R. O'Donoghue, Justine Joan Sheppard, and Janet E. Brown (ASHA liaison). Brian B. Shulman, vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology, served as the monitoring officer.
Citing Practice Portal Pages
The recommended citation for this Practice Portal page is:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (n.d). Pediatric Dysphagia. (Practice Portal). Retrieved month, day, year, from http://www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Clinical-Topics/Pediatric-Dysphagia.