Dementia Content Development
Content for ASHA's Practice Portal is developed through a comprehensive process that includes multiple rounds of subject matter expert input and review. ASHA extends its gratitude to the following subject matter experts who were involved in the development of the Dementia page.
- Alfredo Ardila, PhD
- Kathryn Bayles, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Michelle S. Bourgeois, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Jennifer A. Brush, MA, CCC-SLP
- Victoria Cruce Hollar, MS, CCC-SLP
- Natalie F. Douglas, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Tammy L. Hopper, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Mary Beth Mason-Baughman, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Joan C. Payne, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Kathy Pichora-Fuller, PhD
- Barbara E. Weinstein, PhD, CCC-A
In addition, ASHA thanks the members of the Ad Hoc Committee on Dementia whose work was foundational to the development of this content. Members of the committee included Kathryn Bayles, Michelle Bourgeois, Tammy Hopper, Danielle Ripich (chair), Susan Rowe, and Amy Hasselkus (ex officio). Celia Hooper, ASHA vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology (2003-2005), served as monitoring vice president.
Citing Practice Portal Pages
The recommended citation for this Practice Portal page is:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (n.d.). Dementia (Practice Portal). Retrieved month, day, year, from www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Clinical-Topics/Dementia.