Autism Content Development
Content for ASHA's Practice Portal is developed through a comprehensive process that includes multiple rounds of subject matter expert input and review. ASHA extends its gratitude to the following subject matter experts who were involved in the development of the Autism page.
- Pamela J. Crooke, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Elizabeth R. Crais, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Sylvia F. Diehl, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Rhea Paul, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Patricia A. Prelock, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Emily B. Rubin, MS, CCC-SLP
- Carrie D. Slaymaker, MA, CCC-SLP
- Linda R. Watson, EdD, CCC-SLP
- Michelle Garcia Winner, MA, CCC-SLP
In addition, ASHA thanks the members of the Ad Hoc Committee on Autism Spectrum Disorders whose work was foundational to the development of this content. Members of the committee were Amy Wetherby (chair), Sylvia Diehl, Emily Rubin, Adriana Schuler, Linda Watson, Jane Wegner, and Ann-Mari Pierotti (ex officio). Celia Hooper, vice president for professional practices in speech-language pathology, 2003-2005, served as monitoring officer.
Citing Practice Portal Pages
The recommended citation for this Practice Portal page is:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (n.d.). Autism (Practice Portal). Retrieved month, day, year, from www.asha.org/Practice-Portal/Clinical-Topics/Autism/.