ASHA-PAHO/WHO: Belize Project
Specific Objective: In Belize, ASHA provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, the Inspiration Center, and its partners to educate healthcare and community service providers about communication disorders.
Stakeholders meeting in Belize
hoc committee ended on August 31, 2019.
train-the-trainer workshop “Working with Children with Hearing Loss and
Autism” was conducted on July 2–4, 2019, in Belize City.
- Term of the ad hoc committee has been extended
until August 31, 2019.
- Train-the-trainer workshop "Evaluating Communication Disorders in Diverse Populations" was held on August 13–15, 2018 in Belize City.
- Ad hoc committee has been formed.
- A needs assessment trip was conducted to Belize in May 2017. A trip report was submitted.
Belize Ad Hoc Committee
- Lena Caesar, Chair
- Frances Burns
- Ann Roberts
- Karla Bejos
- Satyendra Kumar, IIB Member and Liaison
- Lily Waterston, Ex Officio
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at