ASHA-PAHO/WHO: Belize Project
Specific Objective: In Belize, ASHA provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, the Inspiration Center, and its partners to educate healthcare and community service providers about communication disorders.
Stakeholders meeting in Belize
- Term of the ad hoc committee has been extended
until August 31, 2019.
- Train-the-trainer workshop "Evaluating Communication Disorders in Diverse Populations" was held on August 13–15, 2018 in Belize City.
- Ad hoc committee has been formed.
- A needs assessment trip was conducted to Belize in May 2017. A trip report was submitted.
Belize Ad Hoc Committee
- Lena Caesar, Chair
- Frances Burns
- Ann Roberts
- Karla Bejos
- Satyendra Kumar, IIB Member and Liaison
- Lily Waterston, Ex Officio
For more information, contact Lily Waterston, ASHA Director, International Programs at