Governance Operations Manager
Posting Date: 5/22/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Executive Cluster/Association Governance Team
Coach: Director, Association Governance Operations
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $64,800–$72,066
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of
this position is to facilitate the functions and operations of the governance operations
team specifically ASHA's nominations and elections process for the Board of
Directors (BOD) and Advisory Council; assist with the facilitation of
activities of ex officio staff to appointed committees, board and councils; coordinate
efforts of the committee on committee appointment process; facilitate convention
duties associated with governance; other related governance administrative
duties as well as projects and processes as assigned by the Director, Association
Governance Operations Team (AGOT).
- Implement the procedures for nominating and electing the association's Board of Directors and Advisory Councils.
- Support the planning and logistics of committees, boards, and councils as assigned.
- Coordinate the Committee on Committee appointment process for ASHA's committees, boards and councils.
- Assist with the development, design, and facilitation in the training and effectiveness of ex officio staff in understanding the roles and responsibilities of volunteers and ex officio staff.
- Facilitate governance-related convention activities.
- Manage AGOT projects and processes as assigned by the Director, Association Governance Operations.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree
- 3–5 years of governance experience with a professional or trade association
- Professional training in association governance operations
- Demonstrated success in administering associations' nominations and elections process.
- Ability to build relationships and work with volunteers remotely
- Demonstrated success in assisting paid staff to value the contributions made by volunteers and in building effective working relationships with volunteers
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of association governance operations
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning and using customized document retrieval and access system technologies
- Demonstrated ability in writing and editing and in English grammar and style
- Intermediate technology skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) but embraces the use of technology to advance governance operations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint, Higher Logic, OpenWater, netForum database, GoToMeetings preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and successfully carry out work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously, set and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and resolve issues independently and proactively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team
- Demonstrated ability to deal discretely with confidential information
- Ability to travel if needed
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.