Preparing for the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) Education Survey
Phase I: Data Collection
Academic programs are encouraged to begin collecting data as it becomes available. For specific data points, please refer to your institutions previous years' survey (see the "
Access" section below).
Survey sections include
- first employment
- time to degree
- grants and contracts
Phase II: Authorized Users
Prior to fielding the annual survey, the chair and/or program director receives an e-mail from
CSDEducationSurvey@asha.org asking for verification or identification of new faculty/staff who will assist with completing the survey on behalf of the institution's program(s). Upon receipt of any changes, institution records are updated accordingly.
Who is authorized to access the survey?
The chair and/or program director have full responsibility to update and maintain the currency and accuracy of the data reported for their institution's programs. Chairs and/or program directors are required to email critical program changes, including the addition or removal of survey access for faculty or staff to
- receives notifications and updates
- authorizes faculty/staff to assist with data entry
- updates and approves the institution's profile in the survey to ensure all degree programs offered are included
- reviews the completed survey to ensure accuracy of the data provided
- submits the completed survey
Authorized Program Faculty/Staff
- assists with data entry
- receives notifications and updates related to survey completion
Phase III: Accessing the Survey
- Recommended browsers are Internet Explorer and Good Chrome
- Enable cookies
- Enable Java Script
- Enable pop-up windows
- Go to
- Select "My Account" located in the top right corner.
- Login with your ASHA website credentials.
- Select "Access your institution's current and past surveys" under the CSD Education Survey subheading.
- Select the current survey to begin entering data.
Troubleshooting and Assistance
- Clear your browsing history including temporary Internet files and website files, cookies and website data, and download history.
- Sign out of the ASHA website.
- Fully exit the browser.
- Return to the ASHA website and access the survey.
If you continue to experience a problem, contact the Academic Affairs & Research Education at