Preparing for the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) Education Survey
The 2020 CSD Education Survey will open August 3 and close November 2, 2020, and will collect data for the fall 2019 to summer 2020 academic period.
Step I: Data Collection
Academic programs are encouraged to begin collecting data as they become available before starting the survey. This helps ensure a smooth data entry process. Please refer to ASHA's CSD Education Survey Data Preparation Tips webpage to help your program collect these data before starting the survey.
Step II: Authorized Users
Prior to fielding the annual survey, the chair and/or program director receives an e-mail from
CSDEducationSurvey@asha.org asking for verification or identification of new faculty/staff (“survey editors”) who will assist with completing the survey on behalf of the institution's program(s). Upon receipt of any changes, institution records are updated accordingly.
The chair and/or program director have full responsibility to update and maintain the accuracy of the data reported for their institution's programs. Chairs and/or program directors are required to e-mail critical program changes, including the addition or removal of survey access for faculty or staff to
- Receives notifications and updates
- Authorizes faculty/staff to assist with data entry
- Updates and submits the Institution Portfolio
- Selects the institution's list of degree programs offered in the survey
- Reviews the completed survey to ensure accuracy of the data provided
- Submits the completed survey
Program Faculty/Staff "Survey Editors"
- Assists with data entry in the survey
- Receives notifications and updates related to survey completion
Step III: Accessing the
Survey in Your Dashboard
To access your institution’s survey dashboard:
- Go to
- Select "My Account" located in the top right corner.
- Login with your ASHA website credentials.
- Select "Access your institution's surveys" under the CSD Education Survey subheading
The survey dashboard is composed of the following sections:
- Your Institution: This section lists your institution’s address and contact information according to ASHA's records. If any of this information needs to be updated, please contact
- Institution Portfolio: This section displays a form with questions about your institution’s basic program information, such as application deadlines, specialty areas, and email contacts. Data entered in the Institution Portfolio form are saved year-to-year. Only
chairs/program directors can enter this information.
- Current Survey: This section displays the current CSD Education Survey – Data Tables section and the institution's progress towards completion. The survey contains questions about your institution’s department and faculty as well as detailed
program information, such as admissions, enrollment, and graduation.
- Past Survey: This section displays all completed surveys upon submission to view and print.
Instructions for Survey Completion
Please see the following
step-by-step instructions [PDF] guide on how to complete the Institution Portfolio and the CSD Education Survey – Data Tables sections. Help text for many questions is available directly in the survey.
- Recommended browsers are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
- Clear your browsing history including temporary Internet files and website files, cookies and website data, and download history.
- Enable pop-ups.
- Sign out of the ASHA website.
- Fully exit the browser.
- Return to the ASHA website and access the survey.
If you continue to experience a problem, contact