Committee on Nominations and Elections
Liaisons with the Immediate Past President
Provide a slate of at least two but no more than three (3) nominees for each office to be filled on the Board of Directors; develop, implement and revise, as necessary, procedures for increasing members' awareness of candidates for national office; resolve nominations and vacancy issues in the election of members to the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils; periodically evaluate the nomination and election process for ASHA national offices and the nomination and election process for members of the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils; supervise national elections; and periodically review the campaign and election practices for the Board of Directors and the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils.
The Committee on Nominations and Elections comprises the Immediate Past President (service as Chair) and six (6) ASHA members—3 audiologists and 3 speech-language pathologists—who have been ASHA members for at least 10 years; they are appointed by the Committee on Committees.
- Elise Davis-McFarland, Chair and Board Liaison
- Noma B. Anderson
- Edie Hapner
- Yaojan Liu
- Robyn Windham Martin
- Faith M. Mogila
- Colleen M. O'Rourke
2 years then serve 2 years on the Committee on Leadership Cultivation
- Review nominations electronically
- Participate in 4–6 conference calls annually
- 2 meetings annually (January and Committee Day at the ASHA Convention)
- 20 hours per month from December–January
- 5 hours per month the rest of the year
Desired Service Qualifications/Experiences
- Current ASHA member and through service if elected
- ASHA membership for at least 10 years
- Following two year term on the CNE, the member would serve a two year term on the Committee on Leadership Cultivation (CLC)
Note: The CNE conducts much of its business electronically. As such, computer and internet access is required for service.
Andrea Falzarano (firstname.lastname@example.org)