Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Contributions in Preschool-Grade 12 Education Settings
View Past Recipients
The Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Contribution in Preschool-Grade 12 education settings is designed to recognize distinguished achievement and/or contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of new and innovative therapeutic and /or service delivery models, materials, and products.
- Research and or publications. This includes professional collaboration with universities and /or colleagues within school systems; the nominee is a primary researcher having conducted and or reported on EBP activities in the school setting: the nominee has published a sufficient amount of writings in the areas of research, reports, books, chapters, or other documents that inform effective practice in school settings.
- Administrative (e.g., evidence-based program development, continuing education activities developed and opportunities provided, mentoring and/or supervision of ASHA Clinical Fellows, speech-language pathology or audiology students, or speech-language pathology assistants.
- Advocacy and outreach (e.g., legislative, licensing, participation on state/local committees that promote speech and hearing, health fairs, curriculum committees, health and education committees).
Nominees may include an individual or a group of individuals who are currently employed as a speech-language pathologist (SLP) or audiologist in a public, charter, or private school setting.
Only one award may be given each year.
The Committee on Honors awards nominees solely on the information provided in the nomination document prepared by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to award deserving individuals.
- Sponsor and nominee are ASHA members in good standing.
- Sponsor has provided the following factual information in support of the nominee:
- Outcomes that document the achievements;
- Sponsor’s letter of support detailing the nominee’s credentials (including appropriate honors or recognition) and specific contributions in sufficient detail to distinguish these contributions from generic activities and a description of the significance of the contributions;
- Brief professional vita;
- Nomination material, including all supporting documentation, may not exceed five single-spaced pages with a 12-point font, or what would be consistent with requirements for ASHA nominations.
- All supporting documentation must be combined into one pdf document
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including any materials exceeding the specified number of pages.
Nomination schedule and submission process
Still Have Questions? Contact