Setting the Ground Rules
After getting acquainted, mentees and mentors should agree on
some ground rules for the relationship. The following are
- How often will we try to communicate? (Should be at least
once per month and preferably more at the beginning.) Will it
be by phone, e-mail, or face-to-face?
- What days/times work best?
- What are the roles of the mentor and the
- What expectations do we have about the way the two of you
will communicate (e.g. formally, informally)?
- What each person is hoping to gain from the
Relationship—A Mentor's Point of View |
Tips on Virtual