ASHA Convention Student Research Travel Award (SRTA)
To highlight the research activities of student scientists and encourage careers in science and research, ASHA offers student research travel awards of $500 each for the ASHA Convention. Awards are given to student first-authors of the papers that are top-rated by the Convention Program Committee in each of the Convention topic areas.
All undergraduate, master's, AuD, and PhD students (at the time of submission) who are first authors on a paper of any of the following session types are eligible: (a) technical, (b) poster, (c) one-hour seminar or instructional course, (d) two-hour seminar or instructional course, or (e) short course are eligible for the award.
View previous SRTA recipients.
The 2014 ASHA Convention will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, from November 20–22.
- Register for the Convention.
- Present your paper at the assigned time (as noted on the Convention website).
- Attend at least one required research-related session during the Convention.
- Attend the Researcher-Academic Town Meeting, where you will be recognized as an award winner.
How to Qualify
- Submit a proposal as first author through the online Call for Papers for the ASHA Convention and indicate the degree program in which you are enrolled (e.g., undergraduate or PhD) in the author information section.
- The eligible paper with the highest rating from the Convention Program Committee in each of the 26 topic areas will be awarded.
- Awardees will be notified of their selection by September.
- Awards will be disbursed post-Convention.
For additional information, please contact ASHA's Academic Affairs and Research Education Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.