Openings on the NSSLHA Executive Council
NSSLHA is currently recruiting for the following positions on the NSSLHA Executive Council:
How To Apply
Selection Process for Students
Applications for a position on the 2015–2017 NSSLHA Executive Council are now being accepted. The executive council provides students with a national leadership opportunity and the chance to shape the future of the professions.
Students selected for a position on the council work on committees that establish policy and develop programs to carry out the mission of the association. Each committee has oversight of NSSLHA's national programs—Student Advocacy Day, CSD Career Awareness, CICSD Mentoring, the NSSLHA Experience, the NSSLHA Grants Program, NSSLHA Honors, "NSSLHA Loves," and the NSSLHA Scholarship.
Any student who lives in, attends, or will attend an academic program in any of the regions listed below may apply for a position as a Regional Councilor or Delegate:
- Region 1: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Nova Scotia, Quebec. Region Color: Red
- Region 3: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia. Region Color: Blue
- Region 4: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Ontario. Region Color: Orange
- Region 6: Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota. Region Color: Purple
- Region 9: Arizona, Montana, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Alberta, Puerto Rico, Mexico. Region Color: Sky Blue
Member-at-Large: The member-at-large is a position on the Council that represents the special population of NSSLHA members (e.g., audiology, distance learning, males, non-traditional students, etc.). The member-at-large serves a one-year term on the Council. Students that apply for this position may live or go to school in any of our 10 regions.
Applications for Regional Councilor and Regional Delegate will be accepted until March 1, 2015. Each position's term will begin July 1, 2015.