Posting Date: 2/14/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Executive/Office of Business Excellence
Coach: Director, Office of Business Excellence
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $89,030–$98,922
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The role of the Project Manager (PM) in the Office of Business Excellence is to drive results and business solutions by using project management best practices. The PM will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing exclusively IT systems development, network changes, or software customization projects. The PM will manage multiple projects through all life-cycle phases—keeping all stakeholders informed of status, risks, and issues during the course of the project—and will ensure projects are completed in an effective and transparent way. Projects may be staffed by ASHA staff, contractors, or a combination.
- Lead project team's development of key objectives, scope, and success criteria, including the development of the project charter.
- Help facilitate and support business analysts in tasks for collecting and documenting requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and track all project deliverables.
- Lead project team meetings to engage all team members.
- Maintain project timelines by managing a clear project schedule while also addressing issues, risks, and scope changes.
- Track and manage project budget.
- Communicate project status to all project stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Facilitate testing and efficient quality assurance practices.
- Conduct project evaluations upon project close-out.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years' related experience managing software development and other information technology projects
- Formal project management training
- PMP certification
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with
- scalable project management methodology,
- group facilitation,
- project management software tools,
- knowledge of or prior experience with Agile methodology preferred.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience serving as a project manager on technology projects,
- Strong teamwork skills,
- Ability to write clearly and concisely,
- Strong oral communication skills,
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects,
- Experience with vendor management,
- Analytical problem-solving skills,
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth in project management.
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.