Posting Date: 1/17/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Marketing and Sales/Marketing Team
Coach: Marketing Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $72,149–$80,165
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to help to develop and to execute ASHA Marketing efforts to increase member value. This position works with business units to identify the marketing opportunity and member need and then develop high impact, relevant marketing communications for different ASHA member segments. This position will plan, develop, and implement multichannel marketing campaigns in order maximize non-due revenue, broaden the audience of customers, and increase customer loyalty to ASHA’s for-sale products. This position works closely with content development teams to identify opportunities and collaborate in the development and marketing of products. This position is involved in developing market research instruments; analyzing sales reporting and identifying buyer segments; reporting on marketplace and consumer trends; and providing an ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape to support planning and decision-making.
- Plans, develops, and executes multichannel marketing initiatives that communicate the ASHA brand promise to members.
- Develops and writes creative, effective marketing pieces that address a member need and communicate the value of ASHA’s offerings in order to maximize sales and support the ASHA brand.
- Works closely with the Marketing Director and internal stakeholders in developing marketing plans and branding strategies.
- Writes Creative Briefs for campaigns that provide clear insight about a campaign in order to create effective marketing pieces.
- Strategically think about problems and develop creative communication solutions that build relationships between the member and the organization.
- Assists Marketing Director and stakeholders in the development and fielding of market research, including question development and list selects. Stays abreast of customer and marketplace trends, competitive information, sales data, and campaign tracking data to help inform decisions about marketing initiatives and content development, and new and existing products.
- Sets goals and forecasts marketing revenue and expenses to meet or exceed sales goal
- Coordinates marketing initiatives with other members of the Marketing Team and provides back-up support, as needed. Assists in other marketing initiatives as needed, including, but not limited to, writing copy for special promotions and providing support, as necessary, for live bookstore events.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Marketing and/or Business Management. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience in a similar position in either a non-profit or corporate organization.
- Ability to define scope, the recommended approach, and manage the execution of strategy and strategic planning projects.
- Excellent copywriting skills with proven results to effectively communicate relevant, engaging marketing messages to different audiences.
- Experience in developing and executing multiple, integrated cross-channel campaigns touching on brand marketing objectives, using print advertising, e-mail marketing, social media opportunities, mobile technology, and other marketing tactics.
- Experience that shows strategic, creative, and analytical thinking.
- Experience with marketing continuing education courses, a plus.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience in strategic planning and seeing “the big picture” and in development and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Experience in identifying the customers’ needs and developing multimedia campaigns with clear, easy-to-understand messaging
- Excellent copywriting, proofing, and editing of marketing communications, including feedback to graphic designers on layout and design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting sales reports and tracking the results of campaigns, in order to make ongoing recommendations and to execute new initiatives targeted to the appropriate audiences.
- Experience in developing marketing survey tools to increase learning about the behavior of buyers and prospects. Ability to interpret results to aid in business decisions.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and best practices.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software suite; familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) databases, Google Analytics, and Excel Pivot Tables.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to bring new energy, fresh thinking, and innovative ideas to the marketing strategy and the implementation of marketing tactics.
- A passion for results with high standard for accomplishment: work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively with other units.
- Strong, proactive approach and shows initiative in order to complete projects.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities with a high degree of confidence in decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines through the use of excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.