Posting Date: 7/2/2015
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Information Systems Cluster/Database Services Team
Coach: Database Services Manager
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $82,559–$91,732
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to help support and guide ASHA's commitment to data-driven decision-making. The incumbent will act as a technical consultant and mentor to National Office staff and ASHA boards, committees, and councils on the use of data to improve decision-making and understanding.
- Assess ASHA's units' level of skill and comfort with data-driven decision-making and develop a plan to address any gaps.
- Provide consultation, mentoring, and training to teams and individual staff members on using a data-driven approach to make decisions.
- Develop and maintain resources on best practices for data-driven decision-making, including case studies of ASHA's and other organizations' related experiences.
- As a member of the data warehouse team, assist in the development of the data warehouse and mentor staff and teams in how to effectively use it.
- Facilitate, manage, and/or serve on other strategic data-usage projects.
- Create and support a network of unit "power users" or liaisons who can assist ASHA staff and volunteers in making data-driven decisions.
- Promote and champion a data-driven decision-making culture at ASHA.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Master's degree in social science, public policy, business, mathematics, statistics, information technology, or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of experience in data-driven decision-making in a nonprofit, business, political campaign, or government agency
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated advanced-level skills in data-driven decision-making
- Demonstrated advanced-level skills in using databases/data warehouses, Excel, data visualization tools, and/or statistical packages
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to explain complex technical/quantitative issues in layman’s language
- Ability to analyze and document user requirements
- Ability to facilitate and manage projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complicated detail work in an organized fashion in the face of changing priorities and tight timelines
- Ability to self-direct and to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff, including senior staff and boards
- Ability to generate enthusiasm
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.