Posting Date: 1/10/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Standards and Ethics Cluster/Certification Team
Coach: Associate Director, Certification Operations
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $61,568–$68,409
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The Certification Analyst works with certification staff to
implement and maintain policies, processes, procedures, and communications
within the Association Management System (AMS) and/or Certification Management System
(CMS). The incumbent will support programmatic and operational certification
activities with a data-driven approach to standardize the application and certification
process. The incumbent will assist with the enhancement of operational workflow
for improved service to applicants and individuals who hold the ASHA
Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Build queries and reports, and analyze data to provide Certification Leadership with data that informs the decision making of staff and volunteer leaders.
- Serve as the lead technical resource for Certification projects that require AMS/CMS support, which will require the gathering of technical requirements based on business needs of the Certification unit; analyze and interpret technical specification documents, and develop, modify,
and complete complex test plans prior to deployment.
- Serve as a resource to ASHA units for guidance on certification programs/policies, business rules, and current AMS/CMS capabilities.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for processing certification applications to improve data integrity, document management and control, and consistent application of business rules.
- Inform certification staff on current and new application processing procedures.
- Resolve certification and certification maintenance processing issues escalated outside of normal business processes.
- Perform regular internal audit of initial certification and certification maintenance application processing to identify and remediate AMS/CMS issues.
- Process certification and certification maintenance applications and documentation, as needed.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Baccalaureate degree
- Previous experience working in a professional certification
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
with an AMS and/or CMS database management system; experience with netFORUM, preferred
- Ability to collect, interpret, and report
statistical data from multiple sources
- Query writing experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and/or program management software, to
produce reports, including graphs and pivot tables
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Knowledge of association and certification best
- Demonstrated ability to produce training
materials, presentations, and business correspondence
- Knowledge of process improvement,
program/project management, and/or standards implementation desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communications
skills, both orally and in writing
- Has demonstrated
initiative; is detail oriented; is able to learn new systems and processes
quickly, develop creative solutions, build strong relationships, and work
independently and as part of a team
- Is able to organize
and prioritize multiple and complex projects and tasks and efficiently manage
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.