The Child and Adolescent Stuttering Treatment and Activity Resource Guide, Second Edition
Special sale, 25% off while supplies last!
From Delmar Cengage Learning
The Child and Adolescent Stuttering Treatment and Activity Resource Guide, Second Edition, is the only product of its kind. This book offers specific, hands-on activities that can be used in the evaluation and treatment of fluency disorders (stuttering and cluttering) as well as specific decision-making information that will help clinicians identify goals, and then develop effective and practical strategies to meet these goals. An applied book about therapy, The Child and Adolescent Stuttering Treatment and Activity Resource Guide, is full of easily-applied therapeutic ideas that are substantiated by solid research findings and thorough explanations.
- A CD-ROM contains all handouts and appendices in Microsoft Word and PDF formats. Save, print, and edit to customize for your clinical practice.
- A robust appendix contains a sample treatment program including sample therapy activities for use in the therapy room, in the home, and by the client.
- Additional chapter devoted to research findings on the neurology of stuttering and why clinicians should be familiar with this important research area.
- Expanded and updated information included in most chapters, including assessment, stuttering modification techniques, rationale for treatment, evidence based practice, the development of IEPs for children with fluency disorders, and parent-provided stuttering treatment for preschool children.
- Provides an almost unlimited number of solutions by offering hundreds of therapy ideas and activities that can be used standalone or in conjunction with one another.
- Facilitates comprehension with logical, clear organization that lays the groundwork on stuttering in Part I and focuses on therapeutic activities in Part II.
- Draws powerful connections between therapy goals and the rationale and key research that support them.
- Encourages accurate assessments and relevant solutions with detailed assessment protocols and suggestions for interpreting findings.
- Offers supplemental tools that complement the information provided with the appendices, offering many useful forms, including handouts for parents and teachers in English and Spanish.
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.