SIG 3 Perspectives Vol. 22, No. 1, March 2012
This issue of SIG 3 Perspectives focuses on the assessment and management of head and neck cancer. Authors whose specialties include oncologic otolaryngology, laryngectomy reconstruction, alaryngeal speech and voice restoration, and multidisciplinary approaches to the laryngectomized patient describe the latest approaches in evaluation and treatment of head and neck cancer. Finally, the authors explore and describe advances in interventions to this unique population, from screening to laser microsurgery.
You will be able to:
- describe the SLP’s role in screening for head and neck cancer
- discuss the roles of multidisciplinary team members in the comprehensive treatment of the patient diagnosed with head and neck cancer
- discuss oncological and functional advances in surgical management options
- describe current approaches to tracheoesophageal voice restoration
- explain factors that influence postlaryngectomy speech rehabilitation
Take advantage of the $5 dollar pricing when you become a SIG affiliate. Learn how to join a Special Interest Group (SIG) today.
Instructor Disclosure: Not available. The content for this program was developed and published prior to the ASHA Continuing Education Board requiring instructional personnel to provide financial and nonfinancial disclosure statements.
3/27/2012 to 2/7/2015