Pediatric Test of Brain Injury (PTBI)
Place your order today. This item will ship at the beginning of July.
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
From Brookes Publishing Company
Designed for use with children ages 6–16 recovering from brain injury, PTBI™ is the only criterion-referenced, standardized test that assesses the skills children need to return to school and function in the general education curriculum. An effective and innovative tool, PTBI helps speech-language pathologists and other clinicians determine children's neurocognitive, language, and literacy abilities so they can identify strengths and weaknesses and implement effective interventions. PTBI is also an essential tool for monitoring functional changes, tracking recovery patterns over time, and guiding decision-making related to school reintegration.
Equally useful for assessing children with acquired or traumatic brain injury, PTBI is
• rigorously tested using cutting-edge item response theory (IRT) analysis and traditional test development methods, yielding strong evidence of reliability and validity
• focused on areas critical to school success, such as listening, speaking, reading, writing, gesturing, working memory, and problem solving
• easy to complete in just 30 minutes—won't overburden children likely to be fatigued or have attention issues
• field tested at trauma, rehab centers, and clinics across the country
• useful anytime during the recovery process—to assess abilities in the acute phases and to monitor progress on an ongoing basis
• easy to administer and score—the forms include concise, specific instructions for accurate use of PTBI
The complete PTBI includes all the components necessary for successful test administration: an examiner's manual with comprehensive guidelines and technical data; a stimulus book with all the visual stimuli needed to conduct the test; and test forms for recording information about the child's performance and scoring PTBI.
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.