Nicholls State University
Last Modified: 2/18/2014
Speech, Lang and Hearing
PO Box 2027
Thibodaux, LA 70310-0001
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAA Accreditation Information
No degree programs at this institution are currently accredited by or in candidacy with the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA). Only master’s programs in speech-language pathology and entry-level clinical doctoral degree programs in audiology are eligible for CAA accreditation. Undergraduate degree programs or those leading to a clinical or research doctorate that are not considered entry-level are not eligible for CAA accreditation.
- Administrative Location:
- College of Nursing and Allied Health
- Combined Degree Programs Offered:
- Distance Education Availability:
- Degree program does not offer a distance education option.
- Part-time Enrollment:
- Multicultural/Bilingual Emphasis:
- The program does not offer a multicultural or bilingual emphasis.
- Study Abroad Opportunities:
- The degree program does not offer study abroad opportunities.
- Areas of Research:
- Speech-Language Pathology/Speech and Language Science
- Institution Grants and Contract(s)
- No federal or state funded grants and contracts
- Postdoctoral Opportunities:
- No postdoctoral opportunities
- Specialty Tracks / Unique Features:
- 1. Two semesters of supervised clinical practicums which typically afford experience with 5 clients in Jo Carol Nolen Clinic (university-based) and/or local charter schools. As available, some students are placed in externships in the Terrebonne Parish Schools.
2. Clinical orientation course meets ASHA requirements for 25 hours of diverse observation (via video, on campus and off campus experiences) with clinical mentoring and course work to prepare for first practicum the following semester.
3. Degree program affords strong COMD academic preparation including COMD foundation (i.e. Introduction to COMD, Phonetics, Language Acquisition, & Acoustics), and COMD theoretical (i.e. Articulation/Phonology, Introduction to Audiology, Language Impairment, Voice, Fluency, Hearing Testing, Aural Rehabilitation, Diagnostic Techniques, Treatment Methods, & Neuroscience for COMD).
4. Highly experienced faculty (each over 15 years in field) with small graduating classes (i.e. approximately 20
- Minority Serving Institution:
- Data not available.
- NSSLHA Chapter:
- Application Process:
- University hard copy application
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment:
- Total Number of Degrees Granted:
- Full time: 21
- Part time: 0
- Total: 21
Return to Top