Overall Assessment of the Speaker’s Experience of Stuttering (OASES)
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
For ages 7:00+
This assessment uniquely measures the impact of stuttering on a person’s life—unlike most other stuttering instruments, which focus mainly on the frequency and type of stuttering events. This brief yet comprehensive self-report is built on a solid theoretical foundation to help you assess the impact of stuttering in multiple life situations. Use this evidence-based tool to support effective intervention.
Users & Applications
• part of an initial diagnostic evaluation
• interview tool during intervention
• collaborative treatment planning tool with your client
• outcome measure
• progress monitoring tool to evaluate treatment strategies
Features & Benefits
• provides a quick and easy self-assessment that adds to a comprehensive evaluation
• enables insight beyond a numerical stuttering severity rating
• helps you better understand the complexity of a stuttering condition
• allows you to evaluate the speaker’s perceptions about stuttering behaviors, the speaker’s reactions to stuttering, and difficulties he or she may have in performing daily activities that involve communication
• offers the first published measure designed to examine functional communication difficulties and quality of life for those who stutter
• promotes self-awareness for a person who stutters of how the condition affects different areas of his or her life, including school, work, home, and social settings
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.