Here's How to Do Early Intervention for Speech and Language: Empowering Parents
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
From Plural Publishing
This book helps early interventionists develop approaches that jump-start the communication process, strengthen parent confidence, and promote healthier parent-child relationships.
This how-to resource provides specific techniques and guidelines designed to:
• review the early intervention system and provide guidelines for parents
• explore the development of typical parent-child interaction
• review the grieving process and how it relates to parents of children with developmental delays and disorders, including autism
• review developmental and behavioral theories and techniques for early intervention
• discuss benefits of collaboration between researchers and clinicians
• provide specific strategies for parents and therapists to playfully develop functional communication through gestures, modified signs and sound imitation skills
• review effective measurement, tracking and record progress options
A DVD is included containing video interviews with parents describing their journey through the early intervention process. A CD with reproducible parent and therapist worksheets for treatment and system tracking is also provided.
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.