Endoscopic Evaluation and Treatment of Swallowing Disorders
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
From Thieme Medical Publishers
This book comprehensively covers the role of endoscopy in the assessment and treatment of oropharyngeal dysphagia. Written in step-by-step detail by the creator of the technique, the book gives you all the information you need to implement the fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) in your practice. It offers valuable comparisons to other imaging tools, especially fluoroscopy, showing how this portable technique is the most efficient and cost-effective for patients who cannot easily be transported to a hospital.
Highlights of the book:
• comprehensive review of anatomy/physiology of oral & pharyngeal musculature
• provides FEES protocol sheets for complete how-to instruction
• shows how to score a FEES examination and possible abnormal findings
• demonstrates the use of endoscopy in a wide range of populations including infants, children, and geriatric patients
• lays out rehabilitative & compensatory techniques for each dysphagia problem
• includes dozens of best practice case studies
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.