Praxis Exam Registration
How to Register
Register directly with ETS for the test date and location that best meets your needs. The last national paper administration will be Saturday, June 7, 2014, and paper delivery of Praxis tests will be discontinued beginning September 1, 2014.
- The Praxis II™: Subject Assessment in Audiology is offered in two formats: a paper-based test (0342) or a computer-based test (5342). Beginning September 2014, only (5342) via computer will be available.
- The Praxis II™: Subject Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology is offered in two formats through August 2014: a paper-based test (0330) or a computer-based test (5330). Beginning September 2014, both (0330) and (5330) will be discontinued and replaced with (5331).
Important Details to Remember
Background Information Questionnaire
Complete all four pages of the registration form, including the section on background information. It is recommended that you complete the three questions identified with asterisks (e.g., identify the highest education level that you have attained to date).
Attending Institution(s) or A-Code
Using the Audiology/Speech Language Pathology Attending Institution/Recipient Codes [PDF], find the code preceded by an RA identifying the institution where you received your graduate education in Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology and enter the code number on the registration form (e.g., for Auburn University, RA0007 – enter 0007).
Designated Score Recipient(s) or R-Code
Using the Audiology/Speech Language Pathology Attending Institution/Recipient Codes [PDF], find the code(s) preceded by an R or RA for up to three institutions that you designate to receive your exam score and enter the code number(s) on the registration form.
- For ASHA certification, exam results must be sent directly to ASHA from ETS (select code R5031 and enter 5031).
- It is recommended that you have your score sent to your academic institution (e.g., for Auburn University, RA0007 – enter 0007).
- Select a state licensing board, if appropriate (e.g., for the Alabama State Board of Examiners for SLP/Aud, R7003 – enter 7003).
A fourth score recipient can be designated on the registration form in the section, Other Passing Score Information. To designate this, select a state/agency from State/Agency Codes, List D [PDF] (e.g., for Maryland 7403 – enter 7403).
Major Field and Certification Field
- Audiology Code 701
- Speech-Language Pathology Code 705
General Registration Information
Visit the ETS website for further registration information about