Notifying ASHA CE About Changes in Provider Organization
ASHA's Continuing Education Board (CEB) approves organizations to offer ASHA CEUs based on the information provided in the ASHA Approved CE Provider application. In the application, the organization is named, its structure defined and the responsibilities of its CE unit are delineated.
ASHA Approved CE Providers are required to report to ASHA CE within 30 days any organization, name or ownership changes and/or changes in the role and responsibilities of the CE unit. Changes include (but are not limited to):
- Organizational name,
- Purchase or acquisition of the ASHA Approved CE Provider,
- Purchasing or acquiring another group,
- Restructuring of the organization, and/or
- Changes in the role and responsibilities of the CE unit.
Steps to Inform ASHA CE of Changes
- The Provider notifies ASHA CE within 30 days of any organization, name or ownership changes and/or changes in the role and responsibilities of the CE unit. You can use this form or send a written explanation.
- The Provider forwards ASHA CE a press release letter or similar document announcing the change in the organization.
- The organization's ASHA Approved CE Provider status is placed in inactive status until the information submitted has been reviewed and next steps determined.
- ASHA CEB sends a letter to the ASHA Approved CE Provider's CE administrator (CEA) and the individual designated as the CEA's supervisor. The letter details the next steps (acceptance of change, request for additional information, or withdrawal of the organization) and delineates the responsibilities of the Provider related to upcoming registered courses and courses advertised for ASHA CEUs.
While in inactive status, new activities may not be registered with the ASHA CE Registry, and the Provider may not advertise that they are an ASHA Approved CE Provider or that ASHA CEUs are available for courses it offers. Inactive status is limited to 1 year, after which the process to withdraw ASHA Approved CE Provider status begins.
Organizational Changes Requiring Withdrawal of the ASHA Approved CE Provider
ASHA Approved CE Providers that have been purchased, acquired or merged are withdrawn from Provider status. An organization cannot become an ASHA Approved CE Provider by purchasing or acquiring an organization that is an ASHA Approved CE Provider. Approved CE Provider status is nontransferable.