Award for Continuing Education (ACE)
The ACE is a formal recognition of professionals who have demonstrated their commitment to lifelong learning by earning 7.0 ASHA CEUs (70 contact hours) within a 36-month period. The ACE is awarded only to those who earn ASHA CEUs through participating in the ASHA CE Registry.
How to Earn an ACE
The ACE is awarded to those individuals who:
- Participate in the ASHA CE Registry
- Earned 7.0 ASHA CEUs (equivalent to 70 contact hours) within a 36-month period
and qualify in one or more of these eligibility categories:
- are ASHA members
- ASHA members who hold ASHA's Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Nonmembers who hold ASHA's Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
Getting Your ACE
The ACE is automatically awarded to individuals who have earned the required ASHA CEUs within a 36-month period (i.e., those earned in the preceding 3-year period). Award notification is sent via postal mail. Within the package, you will find an order form for an ACE certificate.
Recognition for Receiving an ACE
ACE recipients are recognized in the following ways:
- Name is listed on the ASHA website.
- Name is submitted to the member's state association for publication.
- Receive award documentation that can be used for employment/promotional purposes.
- Eligible for a 10% discount on professional liability insurance (Mercer Consumer).
- ACE recipients have the option to purchase an official ACE certificate (view a sample certificate [PDF]).
How I "ACE"d ASHA Continuing Education
ACE recipients tell their stories.
For more information about the ACE or to order an ACE certificate, contact ASHA Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-296-8591.