The comprehensive and detailed schedule of all education sessions offered at the 2014 ASHA Convention—both oral seminars and poster presentations—will be searchable through the Program Planner online scheduling tool. The Program Planner serves as both the advance Convention program and your own personal scheduler.
Limited printable program materials are available for those who prefer to plan their Convention schedule in advance by paper.
Schedule at a Glance
The Schedule at a Glance provides an overview of what will be happening each day during the ASHA Convention.
Wednesday, Nov. 19
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Florida Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists is sponsoring several CEU-eligible sessions on Wednesday afternoon. Choose from one of the three sessions offered below and extend your learning at the ASHA Convention.
Use the session codes to locate and view the complete details for these sessions, including abstracts, authors, and learning objectives, in the Program Planner (coming in August).
- PC01: Circles of Knowledge & the Challenge of Individual Profiles for Bilingual Students with Language Learning Disabilities
- PC02: Interprofessional Education: Developing Unified Personnel Standards for Early Childhood Across Professional Disciplines
- PC03: Changing Developmental Trajectories of Toddlers With Autism Spectrum Disorder: Strategies for Bridging Research to Practice
Tickets (additional fee) for the Pre-Convention Sessions may be purchased when registering for the Convention. You may still purchase tickets to attend the Pre-Convention Sessions even if you do not plan to attend the Convention. In order to purchase tickets, you’ll still need to complete the Convention registration process. To do so, log into the registration system and select the "Wednesday Only" registration option for $0, which will allow you to add tickets for the sessions being held on Wednesday. You will pay only for the session you select, and will not be registered for the ASHA Convention, which begins on Thursday.
Attendance at your choice of more than 2,200 oral seminars and poster presentations is included with your ASHA Convention registration, however, you may also choose to purchase tickets to Short Courses. Short Courses are 3-hour ticketed sessions with an additional fee of $80 for attendance. They offer more in-depth content presented at the intermediate level or above and are led by presenters who hold expertise in the subject matter. Tickets for Short Courses may be purchased through Convention registration. View the 2014 Short Courses.
Printable Session Lists
We have created several listings of sessions in a printable PDF format for those who prefer to read through the program on paper. These documents were created on August 18, 2014; it is important that you remember to always refer to the Program Planner for the most up-to-date information about sessions.
General Expectations for Sessions Offered at the ASHA Convention
Education sessions at the ASHA Convention are noncommercial. It is not acceptable to use an education session to advertise a program, product, or service for sale.
- The views that speakers express in education sessions are their own, and do not necessarily reflect ASHA's policies.
- ASHA does not endorse programs, products, or services. Acceptance of a paper for presentation does not constitute ASHA's endorsement of its content.
- Speakers are expected to refrain from comments or humor that disparages the rightful dignity of any person or group.
- Speakers are expected to comply with copyright law and HIPAA regulations in selecting material and images for their presentations. In particular, speakers are cautioned against using images or identifying details of any client or patient without express written permission to do so.
Information for Presenters
Guidelines to assist presenters with preparing both oral seminar and poster presentations for the 2014 ASHA Convention will be posted after acceptance notifications for the Call for Papers have been sent later this year.