HES Starter Kit: Access
Each program director receives an e-mail from email@example.com asking for identification of the authorized program directors and faculty/staff who will assist with completion of the survey and reports on behalf of the institution’s program(s). Once these individuals are identified, the HES Manager will authorize access to the system.
Who is responsible for program data?
Program directors have full responsibility to update and maintain the currency and accuracy of the data reported about their institution's programs through the HES. Program directors are required to e-mail critical program changes or updates to the HES Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For HES changes related to CAA reporting, program directors should e-mail email@example.com.
Who has access to the HES?
- Program director or chair:
- receives notifications and updates
- identifies faculty/staff to assist with data entry
- updates the program's profile to ensure all degree programs offered are included
- reviews program's data to ensure accuracy
- submits completed surveys and reports by the designated deadline
- notifies the HES Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) of critical program changes or updates
- receives notifications and updates related to survey and report completion
- assists with data entry by responding to questions and/or updating program information as assigned by the program director or chair
How do authorized users access the HES?
Although you do not have to be an ASHA member, certificate holder, or affiliate to access the HES, you must be a registered ASHA website user.
- Select "My Account" located on the top right corner of any ASHA webpage
- Enter your ASHA login and password (if you have no login or password, register with our website)
- Select "CAA Reports" or "CSD Education Survey" under the Higher Education Data System (HES) sub-header to view the surveys and reports available, the time frame in which they are due, and the status of an open survey or report
What technology is needed to access the HES?
Who can answer questions?
Contact the HES Manager at email@example.com for questions related to the CSD Education Survey or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to CAA annual reporting.