Resolutions and Motions Being Considered
The following resolutions and motions are being considered by the Board of Directors.
We welcome your input on any of the topics. Please send your comments to the Board of Directors before the closing of the discussion period.
RESOLVED, That Article XII of the ASHA Bylaws be amended to read as follows (proposed new language is underlined; text to be deleted is crossed out):
12.1.2. Method of Recognition
A state audiology, speech-language-hearing, or speech-language association that desires recognition shall petition in writing to the Board of Directors. Recognition shall be granted and maintained at the discretion of the Board of Directors to
only one association a maximum of two (2) associations in each state that combine to represent the interests of both professions and shall be available only to those state associations with working collaboratively toward purposes that are consistent with those of the Association. Recognized state associations’ and membership requirements shall be are consistent with those of the Association, and that are the state associations shall be independent and not controlled, directly or indirectly, by any other organization.
Discussion open until 7/29. To be voted on at the ASHA Board of Directors meeting July 29–30, 2016.
RESOLVED, That the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Board of Directors (BOD) renew the recognition of the following speech-language-hearing associations through December 31, 2021:
- Montana Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- North Carolina Speech, Hearing and Language Association
- North Dakota Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Oregon Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- Overseas Association of Communication Sciences
- Pennsylvania Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Rhode Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- South Carolina Speech Language Hearing Association
Discussion open until 7/29. Voting open 7/29-8/2.
There are no motions currently being considered.