ASHA's Research Mentoring (ARM) Network: Pathways Program Application Instructions
Access the online application system (accessible only during the application period). Once in the system, select "Pathways Applicants" from the drop-down menu.
Complete the online form, upload all of the following materials as PDF documents, and submit the entire application package by 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, July 1, 2013.
- Cover letter (one page, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins)
Describe the amount and depth of your research experience and future research career goals.
- Research interest statement (three pages, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins)
Describe an area of research you find exciting and discuss the need to further the science in that area.
- Modified National Institutes of Health biosketch
See instructions and sample [PDF].
- Letter of recommendation and support*
- All letters must be on letterhead and signed.
- Student applicants must provide a letter from the primary advisor that (1) describes the applicant's potential as a researcher and (2) states the advisor's support of participation in the program.
- Faculty applicants must provide a letter from the department chair (or equivalent) that (1) describes the applicant's promise as a researcher and (2) expresses commitment to supporting the applicant (e.g., via release time, access to research resources, and other means) to develop an independent, funded research program.
*To propose an alternative individual to write the letter of recommendation/support, please send a message (including rationale) to email@example.com prior to applying.
- Graduate transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable)
If you have multiple graduate transcripts (e.g. master's and PhD), you must submit both.