ASHA's Research Mentoring (ARM) Network: Pathways Program Application Instructions
The Pathways Conference is scheduled for Thursday, June 18 through Friday, June 19, 2015, at the ASHA National Office in Rockville, Maryland.
To apply, access the online application system during the application period and select "Pathways Applicants" from the drop-down menu.
Complete the online form, upload all of the following materials as PDF documents, and submit the entire application package by 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, December 1, 2014.
- Cover letter (one page, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins)
Describe the amount and depth of your research experience and future research career goals.
- Research interest statement (three pages, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins)
Describe an area of research you find exciting and discuss the need to further the science in that area.
- Modified National Institutes of Health biosketch
See instructions and sample [PDF].
- Letter of recommendation and support*
- All letters must be on letterhead and signed.
- Student applicants must provide a letter from the primary advisor that (1) describes the applicant's potential as a researcher and (2) states the advisor's support of participation in the program.
- Faculty applicants must provide a letter from the department chair (or equivalent) that (1) describes the applicant's promise as a researcher and (2) expresses commitment to supporting the applicant (e.g., via release time, access to research resources, and other means) to develop an independent, funded research program.
*To propose an alternative individual to write the letter of recommendation/support, please send a message (including rationale) to email@example.com prior to applying.
- Graduate transcript(s) (unofficial is acceptable)
If you have multiple graduate transcripts (e.g. master's and PhD), you must submit both.