In the Loop: March 2014
In the Loop is a benefit for students with national membership in NSSLHA. As a NSSLHA member, you will receive the monthly NSSLHA news and updates right in your e-mail inbox.
If you are a NSSLHA member not receiving In the Loop in your e-mail inbox, send an e-mail with your name and NSSLHA membership number to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.
NSSLHA Chapters Can Earn Recognition Awards
Creating a t-shirt design, video, or poster depicting the 2014 ASHA Convention theme is one way NSSLHA chapters can earn a chapter recognition award. The awards recognize how chapters get "charged up" about NSSLHA membership and include:
- the chapter with the most students registered for the ASHA Convention by October 31;
- the chapter with the most student memberships in ASHA's Special Interest Groups by October 31;
- the chapter with the most applications to NSSLHA, ASHA, and American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation awards, grants, scholarships, and competitions by October 31;
- the chapter that hosts the most interprofessional events in one academic year organized and attended by audiology and speech-pathology students;
- the chapter with the largest contribution to the ASHFoundation this year;
- the chapter with the most Distinguished Students of Service volunteer hours by October 31;
- the 2014 video, t-shirt, and poster contest. The three-minute video, t-shirt design, or poster should convey the chapter's interpretation of the ASHA Convention theme "Science. Learning. Practice. Generations of Discovery." Entries will be judged on creativity, message, and relevance to the topic.
Visit Chapter Recognition Awards for more details about the Charge Up Your Chapter campaign. View the Charge Up Your Chapter winners from 2013!
Change to the 2014 Chapter Honors Application Process
The requirements for chapters to qualify for gold and silver Chapter Honors designations have been revised. The requirement of a Charge Up Your Chapter video, t-shirt design, or poster contest submission has been removed. Instead, a chapter may submit a video, t-shirt design, or poster inspired by the current ASHA Convention theme to meet the requirements for gold and silver status.
We regret that this correction was not made to the website in a timelier manner. We will accept submissions of a video, t-shirt design, or poster until March 31, 2014, should a chapter decide that it would like to qualify for a gold or silver award.