Who We Are: The ASHA Leader
The newsmagazine for and about speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists, The ASHA Leader provides news you can use and showcases the latest research and practice advances in communication sciences and disorders. Celebrating the wide range of people at the heart of the discipline, The ASHA Leader also illuminates the day-to-day work and lives of the members of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Begun in 1999, The ASHA Leader today is published monthly. More than 150,000 ASHA members receive the print and e-newsletter editions of The ASHA Leader.
Editor-in-Chief: Gary Dunham
Managing Editor: Bridget Murray Law
Assistant Managing Editor: Carol Polovoy
Print and Online Writer/Editor: Kellie Rowden-Racette
Writer/Editor: Matthew Cutter
Art Director: Joyce Mulcahy
Production Assistants: Donna Vernon, Jeremi Jones, Manny Torres
Photographer: Ben Sledge
Product/Service Advertising: Liz Barrett, The Townshend group, 301-215-6710, ext. 114
Classified Advertising: Regina Gibson-Burtnick, 301-296-8717
Contact the Leader at email@example.com.
What We Publish
- Features, limited to 2,500 words (including sidebars/figures).
- Short Features, which run approximately 1,200 to 1,500 words.
- Academic Edge, a column about an issue in higher education (limit 650 words).
- App-titude, a column about apps of interest to speech and hearing professionals (limit 650 words).
- From My Perspective, 1,200 to 1,500 words, offers a point of view from an ASHA member on an important topic or issue.
- In Private Practice, a column about starting, marketing and running a private practice (limit 650 words).
- Make It Work, a column about professional issues for clinicians (limit 650 words).
- On the Pulse, a column about current issues in health care (limit 650 words).
- Policy Analysis, a column illuminating current trends and issues in governmental and state policy that affect speech and hearing professionals (limit 650 words).
- School Matters, a column about current issues of interest to school-based clinicians (limit 650 words).
- Speaking of Associates, a column for and by SLPAs (limit 650 words).
- Student’s Say, a column written by students about their experiences in preparing for a career in speech-language pathology or audiology (limit 650 words).
- World Beat, a column about speech and hearing professionals’ international efforts and activities (limit 650 words).
- First Person on the Last Page, a 400- to 500-word story about yourself that would interest other members.
- E-Luminations columns, no more than 750 words, feature first-person client perspectives and experiences.
- Letters to the Editor, which cannot exceed 250 words. Access the guidelines for submitting a Letter to the Editor.
- People, a column recognizing achievements and milestones in the lives of ASHA members. Access the guidelines for submitting an item for People.