The American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation is now accepting applications from master's and doctoral students in speech-language pathology and audiology.
New Century Scholars Doctoral Scholarships
Deadline: May 6
Up to 20 scholarships of $10,000 each will be awarded to doctoral candidates planning to pursue a teacher-investigator career in higher education. Selection criteria include the applicant's potential for doctoral study and ability to complete a doctoral program. Funding may be used for educational support, such as tuition, books, school-related expenses or living expenses.
Graduate Student Scholarships
Deadline: May 20
Up to 20 scholarships of $5,000 each will be available for master's and research or clinical doctoral students who demonstrate academic achievement and promise. Applicants must be accepted to or enrolled in full-time graduate study in a U.S. communication sciences and disorders program and not have received prior ASHFoundation funding.
Within this competition, four special scholarships will be awarded:
- Priority given to a student with a disability, supported by the Leslie Londer Fund.
- Priority given to a U.S. citizen who is a member of a racial or ethnic minority group, supported by the Minority Scholarship Fund.
- Priority given to an international student studying in the United States, supported by the Kala Singh Memorial Fund.
- An undergraduate senior who is a member of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association and who will begin graduate study in the fall of 2013, supported by the NSSLHA Scholarship Fund.
Student Research Grants in Audiology and Early Childhood Language Development
Deadline: May 20
Research grants of $2,000 each will be awarded for student-initiated research projects in two areas:
- One grant, supported by the Ira M. Ventry and Brad M. Friedrich Memorial Funds, supports new research in clinical or rehabilitative audiology.
- Up to two grants, supported by the Arlene M. Matkin Memorial Fund, support new research in early childhood language development.
All grant and scholarship recipients will be recognized at ASHFoundation events at the 2013 ASHA Convention in Chicago.
For more information and complete guidelines, visit the ASHFoundation grants page or call 800-498-2071, ext. 8703.