ASHA journals transitioned to exclusively online content in 2010. As a result of the change, members now have access to all four journals (American Journal of Audiology; American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology; Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research; Language, Speech and Hearing Services in Schools) online instead of receiving one print journal.
With the change, members also gain a number of new features:
- Supplemental journal content including audio, video, and data files.
- An expanded archive containing more than 75 years of content.
- More timely access to new articles, which are generally available within a month of acceptance.
- Advanced search features, as well as indexing by Google, PubMed, and other search engines.
- CEUs available for at least one article in every issue.
- Live links to related articles and content.
- Table of contents alerts that let members know when new content is available.
A new custom print initiative, launched in conjunction with Sheridan Press earlier this year, allows users to purchase articles, issues, or special collections in either print or e-print form. The online process includes several options.
- To order the print version of an entire issue of a particular journal, go to the web page for that issue and click on the "Buy This Issue" link at the top of the content screen.
- If you prefer a printed version of an individual article, click on the "Custom Print" link that follows each article title on the content screen.
- Articles or issues are printed on high-quality paper and with superior press reproduction. The articles are saddle-stitched with self-cover; whole issues are bound with a color cover (printed on heavy cover stock) and table of contents. Printed products will be shipped within days of order; expedited shipping is available.
- You may choose to purchase an electronic format (ePrint) as an alternative to print. This option includes unlimited viewing, 25 prints, and a feature allowing you to forward the electronic publication to 25 colleagues. Orders are e-mailed within 72 hours of purchase.
- You may create your own collection of articles selected from any of ASHA's journals, along with your own unique content, such as an introduction or study guide. Select individual articles, as described above, and use the additional features available through the shopping cart to assemble your collection.
Two additional features will soon be available:
- An inaugural collection of editors' award-winning articles, in print or e-print format, prepackaged by journal or in single-article format.
- Applications that will allow member access on mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets, and e-readers.
To access any ASHA journal, visit the journal's webpage.