Charge Up Your Chapter
This program will not be available in 2017.
The Charge Up Your Chapter campaign awards prizes to local chapters that have members who are actively engaged in national NSSLHA and ASHA activities.
View the Charge Up Your Chapter winners from 2015!
Boost your chapter's energy and power! Give your members a jump start on their connection to a network of resources and life-long rewards and showcase how your chapter gets "charged up" about NSSLHA membership!
Charge Up Your Chapter Eligibility and Rules
The chapters that are selected for an award will be determined based on data collected by staff from NSSLHA, ASHA, or the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation. All qualifying data will be retrieved through the NSSLHA/ASHA database management system, Convention registration system, or the Higher Education System.
Qualifying data are defined as
- data belonging to a chapter that has recertified with national NSSLHA by October 31,
- data from individuals who are registered website users on the NSSLHA/ASHA website by October 31,
- data from individuals who have identified the academic program with which they are currently affiliated in the NSSLHA/ASHA database,
- data from individuals who have applied for NSSLHA, ASHA, or American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation awards, grants, scholarships, or competitions,
- data entered into the ASHA Convention registration database, and
- data entered into the Higher Education System.
Chapter Recognition Awards
The NSSLHA Council is rewarding local chapters that are successful in engaging their members to participate in national programs and activities. The data for each category is collected by the National Office unless noted otherwise. The categories of involvement include
- the chapter with the most students registered for the ASHA Convention by October 31;
- the chapter with the most student memberships in ASHA's Special Interest Groups by October 31;
- the chapter with the most applications to NSSLHA and ASHA awards, grants, scholarships, and competitions by October 31;
- the chapter with the largest contribution to the ASHFoundation this year;
- the chapter with the most "Distinguished Students of Service" volunteer hours by October 31.
To participate, the local chapter must
upload your video and e-mail [email protected] to let us know by October 31.
- be in good standing with national NSSLHA by October 31;
- record a no longer than 3-minute video that must be
Videos will be judged on creativity, message, and relevance to the topic. Videos may be humorous or serious, but—more important—they must convey energy and the ASHA Convention theme.