Start a NSSLHA Chapter
Communication sciences and disorders programs looking for a way to enhance the educational and pre-professional experiences for students should consider starting a NSSLHA chapter.
Starting a NSSLHA Chapter is Simple
- Download a copy of the Chapter Application [DOC].
- Identify an ASHA member to serve as your NSSLHA Chapter Advisor.
- Identify at least four students with membership in the national association to serve as chapter officers (or Join NSSLHA if you are not national members).
- Draft Chapter Bylaws [RTF].
- Submit the NSSLHA Chapter Application and chapter bylaws to the national office by e-mailing email@example.com.
NSSLHA Chapters Offer Many Advantages
- Resources and technical assistance from the national office to recruit members
- Complimentary copies of all NSSLHA print publications, as well as The ASHA Leader
- Complimentary e-mail to other chapters in the region (limited to 3 e-mails per year)
- Complimentary advertising in NSSLHA's monthly e-newsletter, In the Loop
- Access to Regional Project Grant funds to facilitate educational and professional development projects at your university
- Access to Community Service Grant funds to facilitate equipment purchases for individuals living with communication disorders
- Eligibility to nominate candidates for the NSSLHA Honors program
- Student leadership opportunities on the NSSLHA Executive Council
- Permission to use the national chapter logo on advertising and promotional materials