Guidelines for the Selection of NSSLHA Loves Recipient
Adopted at the March 2009 meeting of the National NSSLHA Executive Council.
Who May Nominate A Candidate
- NSSLHA Executive Council
- Local chapters
- State associations
- ASHA Board members
- SIG Coordinators
Process of Selection
The Call for Nominations period runs from November through January. Nominations must include a submission of history, including photos and anecdotal stories, etc. to support the nomination. E-mail nominations to email@example.com.
Submissions are reviewed by the National Office to confirm eligibility. Submissions are then reviewed by the NSSLHA Honors Committee. The Honors Committee recommends candidates for consideration by the Executive Council. Candidates are selected during the spring Executive Council meeting.
NSSLHA Loves nominees must:
- Be a national organization
- Hold 501(c)(3) tax exemption status
- Not solely represent a clinical population that has been the recipient of a NSSLHA Loves campaign within the past five years
- Represent a population with a high probability of being encountered by either speech-language pathologists or audiologists
- Demonstrate meaningful contributions to individuals who require services from speech-language pathologists or audiologists