Honors of NSSLHA
The Honors of NSSLHA is the highest award bestowed by the Association. It is presented to the organization or individual who, through their work with students, has made significant contributions to both the Association and to the discipline of human communication sciences and disorders.
The recipient of the Honors of NSSLHA award receives:
- A trophy of honor awarded at the ASHA Awards ceremony during the ASHA Convention.
- Complete the Honors Program Application online.
- Include a statement indicating the reason for nominating the individual or organization (please limit statements to no more than 500 words). State the pertinent activities and/or contributions that you believe make them an ideal candidate for the award. Be certain to outline activities where students have been positively affected, and in what ways, by the efforts of the individual or organization. You may mention other honors or awards that have been given by student groups, or as a result of work with CSD students. Nominees who have received an award within the last five years are ineligible for consideration.
- Submit three letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
- At least two letters from past or present students
- One letter from another source (including but not limited to)
- Letters from colleagues
- Letters from service organizations that the individual is involved with
- The deadline for this nomination is March 1. Nominations must be received in the national office by the deadline date or they will not be considered.
- Nominations will ONLY be accepted electronically.
- It is helpful to include electronic photographs, brochures, articles, videos, links to social networking sites and Web sites or other attachments to support the nomination. Send supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for the Selection of Honors of NSSLHA
Adopted at the March 2009 Meeting of the NSSLHA Executive Council
Who may nominate a candidate for the Honors of NSSLHA?
The NSSLHA Honors committee will accept nominations for the Honors of NSSLHA from:
- A current or past member of NSSLHA Executive Council.
- A chapter or co-advisor or a local officer from a NSSLHA chapter in good standing.
- A past recipient of NSSLHA or ASHA Honors.
- Other interested individuals
- A representative from the State Association
- A current ASHA Executive Board or ASHA Committee member
Process of Selection
The Call for Nominations period runs from November to January. Nominations are only accepted electronically. It is helpful to include electronic photographs, brochures, articles, videos, links to social networking sites and Web sites or other attachments to support the nomination.
Submissions are reviewed by the national office to confirm eligibility. Submissions are then reviewed by the NSSLHA Honors Committee. The Honors Committee recommends candidates for consideration.
Candidates nominated for the Honors of NSSLHA at a minimum meet one or more of the criteria below:
- The candidate has been or is currently involved in NSSLHA.
- The candidate has provided consistent and prolonged service to students.
- The candidate has made a positive contribution to the local chapter, CSD program or students overall.
- The nominator can provide evidence that the candidate has made a meaningful contribution to students.
View past recipients of the Honors of NSSLHA.