NSSLHA Chapter Honors
NSSLHA Chapter Honors are awarded to local chapters that demonstrate a commitment to NSSLHA's core values—philanthropy, community service, career awareness, advocacy and networking. Every NSSLHA chapter that engages in these activities will be rewarded with an honor.
One local chapter among all chapters that have reached the Gold status will be selected as the "Chapter of the Year." The recipient of the Chapter of the Year award receives:
- A $500 stipend (contingent on the availability of funding)
- A certificate of accomplishment
How to Nominate a Chapter
- The deadline for this nomination is March 1. Nominations must be received in the national office by the deadline date or they will not be considered.
- Nominations will ONLY be accepted electronically.
- The Nominator may also submit electronic photographs, brochures, articles, links to social networking sites and websites, and the like, to support the nomination.
- Supporting documents must be e-mailed to [email protected] before March 1; please reference the nominee's name in the subject line.
The Selection Process for Chapter Honors
(established March 2009)
How is a local chapter nominated for Chapter Honors?
- Only local chapters that have met the minimum qualifications (Bronze Standard) as defined by the Guidelines for NSSLHA Chapter Honors will be considered for a Chapter Honors.
- Chapters that meet the Gold Standard as defined by the Guidelines for NSSLHA Chapter Honors are automatically considered for the Chapter of the Year Honors. The NSSLHA Executive Council will vote to determine the recipient of chapter of the year honors.
Who may nominate a local chapter for Chapter Honors?
- Any member of the Executive Committee of the local chapter
- The Chapter Advisor and/or Co-Advisor
- A Regional Councilor
Process of Selection
The Call for Nominations period runs from January to March. Nominations are only accepted electronically and may include electronic photographs, videos, or links to social networking sites or websites to support the nomination.
Submissions are reviewed by the national office to confirm eligibility. Submissions are reviewed by the appropriate Regional Councilor and the NSSLHA Honors Committee. The Honors Committee recommends candidates for consideration by the Executive Council.
View a list of past recipients.