Chapter Advisor Honors
NSSLHA Chapter Advisor Honors are awarded by the Executive Council to the chapter advisor who has provided sustained and exceptional leadership through his or her efforts with the local NSSLHA chapter.
The recipient of Chapter Advisor Honors receives
- a choice between a $250 stipend or a complimentary registration to attend ASHA's Convention that year (pending the availability of funding from a corporate sponsor),
- recognition at the NSSLHA Honors ceremony,
- recognition in NSSLHA print and electronic communications.
An individual may be nominated for Chapter Advisor Honors if all of the criteria below are met. The candidate must
- currently be a NSSLHA Chapter Advisor,
- be a current member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), and
- have provided consistent, prolonged, and measurable* service to students in a local chapter.
*Measurable means that there is evidence that will support that the candidate has had an impact on students and/or the professions.
Candidates who have received an award within the last 5 years are ineligible for consideration.
Nominations for Chapter Advisor Honors may be received from an officer, advisor, or a co-advisor from a local chapter in good standing with the national NSSLHA association.
- Nominations will be accepted until March 1.
- The Nominator may also submit electronic photographs, brochures, articles, links to social networking sites and websites, or other attachments to support the nomination.
- Supporting documents must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1; please reference the nominee's name in the subject line.
View a list of past recipients.