Chapter Advisor Honors
NSSLHA Chapter Advisor Honors are awarded by the Executive Council to the chapter advisor who has provided sustained and exceptional leadership through his or her efforts with the local NSSLHA chapter.
The recipient of Chapter Advisor Honors receives
- a $500 stipend (pending the availability of funding from a corporate sponsor),
- recognition at the NSSLHA Honors ceremony,
- recognition in NSSLHA print and electronic communications.
An individual may be nominated for Chapter Advisor Honors if he/sheis currently a NSSLHA Chapter Advisor and meets one of the criteria below. The candidate
- is a current member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA);
- has been or is currently involved with a local chapter;
- has provided consistent, prolonged, and measurable* service to students in a local chapter.
*Measurable means that there is evidence that will support that the candidate has had an impact on students and/or the professions.
Candidates who have received an award within the last 5 years are ineligible for consideration.
Nominations for Chapter Advisor Honors may be received from an officer or a co-advisor from a local chapter in good standing with the national NSSLHA association.
- Nominations will be accepted through NSSLHA's Application Management System until March 1.
- The Nominator may use the Application Management System to upload electronic photographs, brochures, articles, videos, links to social networking sites and websites, or other attachments to support the nomination.
View a list of past recipients.