Chapter Advisor Honors
NSSLHA Chapter Advisor Honors are awarded by the Executive Council to the chapter advisor who has provided sustained and exceptional leadership through their efforts with the local NSSLHA chapter. The recipient of the Advisor of the Year award receives:
- A $500 stipend and a plaque presented at the NSSLHA Leadership event during NSSLHA Day at the ASHA Convention.
How to Nominate an Advisor
- Complete the NSSLHA Honors Program Application online.
- Include a statement indicating your reason(s) for nominating the individual (please limit statements to no more than 500 words). State the pertinent qualifications and/or experiences that you believe make the individual an ideal candidate. Make certain to include the length of time the nominee has served as a NSSLHA chapter advisor at current or previous institutions and the specific contributions that the nominee has made to students in communication science and disorders. Nominees that have received an award within the last 5 years are ineligible for consideration.
- The deadline for this nomination is March 1. Nominations must be received in the national office by the deadline date or they will not be considered.
- Nominations will only be accepted electronically.
- If there is a co-advisor for your chapter, please nominate that individual under a separate nomination form.
- It is not necessary to include brochures, articles, videos, or other attachments to support the nomination.
- Photographs of the individual are appreciated but not required. Electronic photographs are preferred.
View a list of past recipients.