NSSLHA Membership Categories
NSSLHA Introductory Membership
This new membership category, available to students one time only and for one year only, provides some of the benefits of national membership at half the cost. Introductory membership is best suited for undergraduate students and students in the first or second year of an audiology program. The NSSLHA Introductory Membership is available between January 1 and August 31 of each year. Dues are not prorated.
- must have no prior national NSSLHA affiliation
- has not applied for or received the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- will not be attending an ASHA convention or event in the next year (introductory membership does not include ASHA Convention discounts)
- must be a current student or in a post-baccalaureate program (introductory member year is not counted towards the 2 consecutive years of national membership needed for the NSSLHA to ASHA Conversion Discount)
Apply for NSSLHA introductory membership.
National NSSLHA Membership
Any person with an interest in communication sciences may apply for national membership in NSSLHA if he/she is:
- able to provide current academic degree information;
- has not applied for or received the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC);
- has not been barred/removed/expelled from an academic program as a result of illegal conduct;
- is not currently employed as a speech-language pathology assistant (or employed as an assistant in a related profession);
- is not currently registered with ASHA as a speech-language pathology assistant.
- has less than 10 years of membership in NSSLHA
National NSSLHA membership includes all the benefits of introductory membership, in addition to:
Apply for national NSSLHA membership.