ASHA Twitter Chat With Nancy Helm-Estabrooks
In recognition of National Aphasia Awareness Month, ASHA is hosting a Twitter chat with Nancy Helm-Estabrooks, the SLP coordinating supplemental home speech-language services for Gabby Giffords. The chat will take place on Monday, June 25, from 3 p.m.–4 p.m. Eastern time. To participate in the chat, logon to Twitter at 3 p.m. on June 25 and use/follow the hashtag #aphasiachat.
Never participated in a Twitter chat and not sure how it works? Here are some tips:
- You'll need a Twitter account to participate. Don't have one yet? Go to Twitter.com and create an account.
- Need some instruction on how to use Twitter before the chat? Tanya Coyle's post on ASHAsphere gives a good basic overview of Twitter basics, from setting up an account to what a hashtag is.
- To participate in the chat, follow #aphasiachat on Twitter and be sure to use that hashtag in each of your tweets during the chat. We will post a transcript of the chat once it's over, so it's important to be sure to use the hashtag in every tweet during the chat to ensure all tweets will be included in the transcript.
- We recommend using a third-party Twitter chat client like TweetChat to participate in the chat. TweetChat allows you to follow all tweets with a certain hashtag, and also automatically adds the hashtag to your tweets.
- Follow @ashaweb, the chat host, and @HelmEstabrooks.
- Once the chat is over, we will post a transcript of the conversation on ASHAsphere. Not already subscribed to ASHAsphere? You can subscribe to the RSS feed or to get updates via e-mail.