Student Volunteer Information
Don't Miss the Fun—Apply to be a Student Volunteer!
ASHA needs student volunteers to assist with the 2013 Convention in Chicago. Apply today!
As a student volunteer you will receive a full refund for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration fee (following Convention), a special ASHA oxford shirt to wear and keep, and the opportunity to meet and network with your peers, mentors, and ASHA members.
Student volunteer assignments include monitoring session rooms, assisting at registration or materials pickup, line management, supporting information desks and print-on-demand stations, support in the speaker ready room, helping during the ASHA Awards Ceremony, Exhibit Hall tracking, social function ticket collection, and more.
The deadline to apply was September 10, 2013. Notifications of selection or non-selection will be sent via e-mail by October 2, 2013.
Please contact email@example.com for questions about student volunteers.
- Candidates must be full-time students (NSSLHA members will be given priority).
- Students must be available to work 10–12 hours during the 2013 ASHA Convention, as scheduled.
- Students must attend one orientation meeting prior to their work assignment (this meeting will depend on the student’s scheduled work day). Orientation sessions will be held on Wednesday, November 13, and Thursday, November 14. Students should be outgoing, conscientious, willing to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and able to stand on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Students should be confident, flexible, and professional.
- If accepted, students must register for the Convention and work as scheduled. Student volunteers will be reimbursed for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration rate of $215. Refund checks will be mailed to student volunteers immediately following the Convention.
Student Volunteers Receive
- Reimbursement for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration rate of $215 (after you have completed your work assignment a check will be mailed).
- A special ASHA oxford shirt to wear and keep.
- Access to sessions that you monitor during your working period.
- The opportunity to meet and network with your peers and ASHA members.
How to Apply
The online application for student volunteers for the 2013 ASHA Convention is now closed.
The deadline to apply was September 10, 2013. Notifications of selection or non-selection for a volunteer position will e-mailed by October 2, 2013 to all who apply.