Student Volunteer Information
Don't Miss the Fun—Apply to be a Student Volunteer!
ASHA needs student volunteers to assist with the 2014 Convention in Orlando. Apply today!
As a student volunteer you will receive a full refund for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration fee (following Convention), a special ASHA volunteer t-shirt to wear and keep, and the opportunity to meet and network with your peers, mentors, and ASHA members.
Student volunteer assignments include activities such as monitoring session rooms; disseminating information at the registration, information, and materials pickup stations; crowd and line management, providing support in the speaker ready room and print-on-demand stations, helping during special events such as the ASHA Awards Ceremonies, tracking in the Exhibit Hall, collecting social function and entrance tickets, providing defined assistance for attendees with special needs, and more.
- Candidates must be full-time students.
- Students must be available and able to work a 10–12 hour shift (one full day) during the 2014 ASHA Convention, as scheduled.
- Students must attend one orientation meeting prior to their work assignment (this meeting will depend on the student’s scheduled work day). Orientation sessions will be held on Wednesday, November 19, and Thursday, November 20. Students should be outgoing, conscientious and willing to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Some jobs require spending extended periods of time on your feet.
- Students should be confident, flexible, and professional.
- If accepted, students must register for the Convention and work as scheduled. Student volunteers will be reimbursed for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration rate of $215. Credit card refunds will be issued to student volunteers in 1–2 weeks following the Convention.
Student Volunteers Receive
- Credit card refunds for the NSSLHA/ASHA Grad Student Member registration rate of $215 (in 1–2 weeks following the Convention, upon completion of work assignment).
- A special ASHA volunteer t-shirt to wear and keep.
- Access to sessions that you monitor during your working period.
- The opportunity to meet and network with your peers and ASHA members.
How to Apply
Submit your application today to be considered as a student volunteer at the 2014 ASHA Convention. Notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance will be e-mailed on October 2, 2014.
The deadline to apply is September 9, 2014. Notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance for a volunteer position will e-mailed to all who apply.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about volunteering.