The NSSLHA Experience Ambassadors Program
Individual chapters of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA) are invited to apply to serve as The NSSLHA Experience ambassadors—the official student hosts—at the ASHA Convention in Denver, Colorado, November 12–14, 2015.
Learn more about the program:
What will NSSLHA Experience Ambassadors do?
NSSLHA will select one (or two) local chapters to serve as our "ambassadors" (or student hosts) during The NSSLHA Experience activities at the 2015 ASHA Convention in Denver, Colorado. The selected chapter(s) must provide a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 30 members to work 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. during all The NSSLHA Experience activities.
Volunteers will be asked to assist students with questions and to "host" sessions like the NSSLHA Luncheon and Awards ceremony.
What will my chapter receive for our participation?
In exchange for the chapter's participation, the national office may issue the chapter a stipend up to $1,000 (amount will depend of the number of students per chapter participating). Each participant will also receive a NSSLHA volunteer shirt and a complimentary ticket to the NSSLHA Luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
What does my chapter have to do to apply?
Chapters applying for the program must:
- Be in good standing as of September 28 with the national association.
- Provide no fewer than 15 and no more than 30 students who are available to work starting at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 3:00 p.m.
- Register all students that are working as The NSSLHA Experience ambassadors for the ASHA Convention.
- Submit the NSSLHA Experience Ambassadors application, including an essay (in response to "Why would this chapter make exceptional ambassadors for NSSLHA?"), by October 31. Decisions will be announced within two weeks of application deadline.
- Students who have been accepted as student volunteers at the ASHA Convention are not eligible to volunteer as The NSSLHA Experience ambassadors.
If selected, have your members participate in an orientation conference call (date and time to be determined).
Don't have 15 members in your chapter coming to Convention but you still want to apply for the Ambassadors program?
Don't be discouraged! Chapters may combine/partner with another chapter in the area to apply for the program, or the NSSLHA Council may select more than one chapter to accommodate the total number of volunteers needed for Convention.
Need more information?
Contact the national office at firstname.lastname@example.org.