For Students at the ASHA Convention
The ASHA Convention isn't just for seasoned professionals—there are many ways for students to get involved, too.
Students are encouraged to attend education sessions to augment their studies and are welcomed to visit with the exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall. Students are also encouraged to attend the Graduate School Fair and the Career Fair.
Students may also apply to volunteer at the ASHA Convention in Chicago. Convention staff use student volunteers to help monitor session rooms, assist presenters, answer questions, check badges, confirm room sets, assist with special events, and more.
The NSSLHA Experience at the ASHA Convention
On Friday, November 15, a full day of special NSSLHA activities and events are planned just for students to create The NSSLHA Experience at the ASHA Convention.
- Stop by the Graduate School Fair to meet with representatives from from master's and clinical doctorate programs accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) and research doctoral programs.
- The NSSLHA Poster Presentations (non-CEU) will feature best practices from local NSSLHA chapters.
- Special sessions (non-CEU) will be held on topics of interest to students, such as the Clinical Fellowship, pre-professional issues, professional settings and more.
- The NSSLHA Executive Council will acknowledge the 2013 Honors Recipients at the NSSLHA Honors Ceremony.
- The popular NSSLHA Knowledge Bowl will be back! The 10 NSSLHA regions will battle it out through a friendly competition based on questions similar to the Praxis Exam.
Helpful Links for Students
Need help? For general questions about the ASHA Convention, e-mail email@example.com. Questions about registration may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.