Exhibit Hall Extras
McCormick Place, Exhibit Halls F1 and F2
Take advantage of special savings, activities, and events happening in the Exhibit Hall at the ASHA Convention in Chicago! You'll find these Exhibit Hall "extras" and more in Halls F1 and F2 at McCormick Place.
The ASHA Bookstore will be open during Exhibit Hall hours:
|Thursday, November 14
||11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
|Friday, November 15
||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Saturday, November 16
||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
ASHA Convention registrants have access to the special events that will be held only at the ASHA Bookstore on site in Chicago. In addition, you will receive exclusive savings on all ASHA courses, resources, and products offered in the Bookstore in Exhibit Hall F1. Be sure to visit!
There are three ways to save at the ASHA Bookstore:
- Enjoy a 10% discount on all ASHA products.
- Use your $15 gift certificate (redeemable on any single CEU course) included in your registration materials.*
- Get free shipping on orders over $75.
*Must present voucher at time of purchase. Applies to any single ASHA Professional Development CEU course. Not valid on online conferences, SIG Affiliate pricing, and group sales. Not transferable and valid in Chicago only, November 14–16, 2013. Limit one per purchase. No refund on unused portion.
Meet the Authors Events
On Thursday, November 14, 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m., the authors of the newly released RTI in Action, Grades 3–5: Oral and Written Language Activities for the Common Core State Standards will be at the ASHA Bookstore. Purchase a copy of the book and have it signed by these insightful authors – Froma Roth, Deborah Adamczyk Dixon, Diane Paul and Patricia Iafrate Bellini!
On Friday, November 15, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., cleft palate authority Dr. Judith Trost-Cardamone, presenter of ASHA's newest CEU course, Cleft Palate Speech: A Comprehensive 2-Part Set, will be at the ASHA Bookstore.
Enter for a chance to win the inspirational books, Touch the Top of the World and Adversity Advantage: Turning Everyday Struggles Into Everyday Greatness, by 2013 Annie honoree Erik Weihenmayer.
ASHA Continuing Education Lounge
Visit the ASHA Continuing Education Lounge in the Exhibit Hall to join the ASHA CE Registry. Let the Registry keep a permanent record of all of the ASHA CEUs you earn at the ASHA Convention. The Registry also
- provides 24/7 access to your ASHA CE Registry Transcript—just log in using your e-mail address and ASHA password,
- notifies Certification of your compliance with certification maintenance requirements when you accrue 3.0 ASHA CEUs in your interval,
- confers the Award for Continuing Education (ACE) when you accrue 7.0 (70 hours) ASHA CEUs in a 36-month period.
To learn more, go to ASHA's CE Registry webpage or contact ASHA at 800-498-2071.
ASHA Career Fair and Circle of Support Lounge
The Career Fair is all about providing you with the tools you need to find a job, do well in your career, and receive the assistance you need to perform at your best. Receive tips from hiring managers to help your résumé shine with the Résumé Star Program, attend workshops to help you achieve balance in your life, or participate in the job search tips panel discussion. All of these events—and more—will be held at the Career Fair and the Circle of Support Lounge (booth 1757). Learn more about the Career Fair and view the schedule of events.
New this year at the ASHA Convention, the SLP Hub is a place for SLPs in health care and schools to get the latest information on the subjects that matter.
Do you need help with your clinical documentation? Are you prepared for the changes in RTI, CCSS, and VAA/PACE? Do G-codes and outcomes have you in a tizzy? What about ICD-10 or DSM-5 coding? ASHA is staffing the SLP Hub with experts in all of the SLP HOT TOPICS: coding (ICD-10, G-codes, new SLP evaluation codes), documentation (Medicare rules and skilled nursing facilities), and school-based services (Response to Intervention, value-added assessment, the role of the SLP in implementing Common Core State Standards, and other school practice issues).
Quick reference materials, information, answers to your most pressing questions, and a raffle for Amazon Gift Cards are all available at the SLP Hub. Stop in to win prizes and ensure you are up to date on all of the hot topics in speech-language pathology!
American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation
Laugh, learn, win, and get your magic on with the ASHFoundation!
Second City Improv All-Stars Show
Laugh! Thursday, November 14, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., will be an evening of unequaled improvisational comedy from Chicago's famous entertainment troupe at the ASHFoundation's Second City Improv All-Stars Show. Now you can buy two more tickets at a special price so multiply your fun by bringing friends and be prepared to double over with laughter!
Stop by the ASHFoundation Booth 2027 for these exciting opportunities:
- Learn! Be one of the first to find out who is receiving funding from the ASHFoundation this year. More than $500,000 will be disbursed to brilliant students and researchers.
- Looking for money? Learn about 2014 funding opportunities and awards that will be available for students, investigators, and clinicians.
- Win! Enter for a chance to win your way to the 2014 ASHA Convention in Orlando. This VIP package includes Convention registration, a one bedroom suite for three nights, dinner for two, and much, much more. Don't let the Exhibit Hall close before you purchase a ticket.
- Get your magic on! Come meet and greet the charm team of trustees who work their magic to disburse hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to our field's students and researchers.
ASHA-GEICO Fun-Fit Zone
Test your skills, challenge your colleagues, team with friends, visit with sponsors, and enter for a chance to win a MacBook Air and other great prizes. Play to win at the ASHA-GEICO Fun-Fit Zone!