Graduate School Fair
The Graduate School Fair (GSF) is an annual event during ASHA's Convention. The Graduate School Fair was created for academic programs to recruit and/or interview students for admission and share their vision of communication sciences and disorders (CSD) graduate education. It provides a venue for academic faculty representatives to personally interact and exchange information with students.
All CSD programs are welcome to register to exhibit. Registration for the ASHA Convention is required in order to exhibit at the GSF. School representatives are encouraged to staff their booth the entire time of the fair. Check out who is exhibiting this year.
Exciting New Format for GSF 2013
To provide the greatest visibility and access to students, the GSF will be located near all NSSLHA Day activities in the Lakeside Center of the McCormick Place Convention Center for ONE DAY only. Undergraduate, master's, clinical and research doctoral programs will be showcased.
Graduate School Fair
When: Friday, November 15, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: McCormick Place, Lakeside Center, Level 3, Room E354A
Cost: The early-bird registration fee, due by September 13, is $150. The regular registration fee is $250. The exhibitor registration fee does not cover the ASHA Convention registration cost, pre-Convention shipping, Internet access, or electrical service.
Graduate School Fair PhD Center
New Opportunity for Research Doctoral Degree Programs at the GSF
A GSF PhD Center will also be located in the ASHA Exhibit Hall, near the NSSLHA and faculty-researcher lounges. The GSF PhD Center will be a convenient location for program representatives to meet and talk one-on-one with CSD practitioners considering research doctoral programs as well as other interested students.
Access to table space for two-hour time blocks at the GSF PhD Center will be on a time-rotating basis during designated hours.
When: Thursday, November 14, 2-hour time blocks between 11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., and Saturday, November 16, 2-hour time blocks between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: McCormick Place, Exhibit Hall, F2
Cost: Included in Graduate School Fair Exhibitor Registration Fee
Academic programs must be registered to exhibit at the Graduate School Fair on Friday to reserve a time block at the GSF PhD Center on Thursday or Saturday. There is no additional cost to reserve table space at the GSF PhD Center.
- Programs may exhibit ALL degree programs on Friday.
- The GSF will be located near all NSSLHA Day activities.
- There will be Internet access to EdFind, ASHA's online graduate school search engine.
- Each geographic region will be strategically arranged to maximize table visibility and access for students.
- The GSF PhD Center provides an additional opportunity in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday and Saturday to engage CSD practitioners and students interested in PhD education.
- All exhibiting representatives must register for the ASHA Convention to exhibit at the GSF and wear a Convention badge at all times. On-site registration is available for anyone that has not pre-registered.
- Exhibitors will be grouped by region. Region assignments will be provided at exhibitor check-in.
- A 6-foot draped table will be available with 4 chairs assigned to each table. Table-top displays are recommended. Larger displays will be assigned space toward the back of the exhibit space.
- Programs interested in exhibiting at the GSF PhD Center during an arranged time-block in the Exhibit Hall must be registered to exhibit during the Graduate School Fair on Friday, November 15. A tabletop sign with the college/university name will be provided. Program handouts are welcome. No program tabletop displays will be used in the GSF PhD Center.
NSSLHA and ASHA representatives will be on-site to assist with exhibitor set-up:
For the Graduate School Fair on Friday, November 15
Exhibitors can begin setting up at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, November 15. All GSF exhibits must be dismantled by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 15.
For the PhD Center on Thursday, November 14 and Saturday, November 16
A tabletop sign with the college/university name will be placed on the table at your designated time.
Shipping, Electricity, Internet Information
Pre-convention shipping, electrical outlets and Internet connections will not be provided. If you would like to have these options available, please contact ASHA's Conventions and Meetings department at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the cost involved and to make shipping arrangements.