Schools Connect 2017
It's Where You Belong
July 7–9, 2017 | Hyatt Regency New Orleans | New Orleans, Louisiana
Registration and housing are now open! Register now before rates go up on June 1. See the
2017 prices and policies as well as info on
accommodations and travel.
Your students inspire you every day, but sometimes you need to recharge and connect with SLPs who experience your same challenges and share your passion for working with children. At Schools Connect, best-in-class presenters offer relevant and practical tools to take back
to your school and implement with your students immediately.
- Explore the
program and read detailed
- Earn up to 1.7
continuing education credits in just one weekend (up to 2.0 if you also participate in a Louisiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Develop new skills and get the latest research at 2½ days of education sessions targeted to your learning needs—and extend your learning at the poster sessions on Saturday.
- Share experiences, challenges, and solutions with other SLPs who work in schools.
- Build relationships with colleagues and
experts, old and new, at receptions, special events, and lunches.
- Find the best solutions, new technologies, and services for your practice in the
- Earn even more CE hours when you purchase the
PLUS Package recordings and join the Louisiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association for
pre-conference workshops on Thursday afternoon (for an
- Explore all the charm New Orleans has to offer! Known for its cuisine, neighborhoods, music, and culture, New Orleans was named one of the “world’s greatest cities” by Travel and Leisure magazine.
Explore the city.
Plus, Schools Connect is co-located with
Health Care Connect and
Private Practice Connect, so you can build your customized learning experience. Feel free to cross over and attend sessions from the other conferences that pique your interest.
Convince Your Supervisor
Looking forward to attending Schools Connect but need some help convincing your supervisor? Try our talking points, or download a sample letter to your supervisor [PDF] or [DOC].
- Schools Connect is a conference built just for school-based SLPs like me, so I’ll be getting a much more individualized learning experience.
- There are several networking opportunities where I can meet my peers from around the country and build lasting relationships with people who can continuously offer insight into my daily work.
- When I return, I will be able to share the knowledge I’ve gained with my colleagues on the topic areas that affect us every day, like language and literacy, fluency, childhood apraxia of speech, and more.
- The conference is just 2½ days long, and is over the summer, so I won’t miss a great deal of work in order to attend.
- Schools Connect is co-located with two other conferences, Health Care Connect and Private Practice Connect, so I can attend sessions outside of my normal realm of topic areas and become more well-rounded for my students.
Be an Exhibitor
Connect with engaged SLPs and build your business! Find out more about exhibiting.
ASHA would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support. Sponsors are not responsible for the content of this conference nor does ASHA endorse their products or services.